Small-Firm Personalized Service With Big-Firm Results.
Photo of Zeidan, Mr. Raji S JD

Who is responsible for my injury?

On Behalf of | Nov 3, 2017 | Blog, Personal Injury |

When an individual is injured on another person’s property, they may be experiencing a serious injury that could have been avoided if the property owner had maintained a safe premises. After being injured, it is important to determine who owns the property that was dangerous. This way, you can hold the property owner liable and bring a personal injury lawsuit against them.

If you were injured on a residential property, you will need to determine who the owner of the home is. This is usually pretty easy to determine because you typically know the name of the persons home you are at. If you are injured on a rental property such as in an apartment complex, you will need to determine who the landlord is. Landlords have the responsibility of maintaining a safe premises for anyone to be on.

When you are not injured on a residential property, it can become difficult to determine who the property owner is. For example, if you were injured in a retail store, you will need to notify the store management before you leave. However, you may have to bring a lawsuit against the company itself, which can be very difficult.

If you were injured on municipal property, you will need to bring a lawsuit against the municipality, which requires you to file a notice of claim. This simply notifies the town or city that you were injured and you intend to bring a lawsuit against them for negligence.

Regardless of where you became injured, you will need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who can provide you with assistance. Contact our firm today.

Contact The Law Office of Raji S. Zeidan, PC today to schedule a consultation if you are in need of strong legal representation for any of your criminal defense and personal injury matters. We are here to help during your time of need.