Defending New York Clients Charged With Gun Crimes
The penalties for a gun crime in New York continue to get harsher as time passes. Being charged with a gun crime is a serious matter that deserves the attention of an effective attorney. Gun laws are complicated, and being charged with a gun crime can lead to imprisonment and a permanent criminal record. Most gun crimes are misdemeanors or felonies. Even those who drive through New York lawfully in possession in surrounding states could face illegal gun possession charges if they are stopped here. If you have been charged with a gun crime and need a tenacious attorney to fight for you, contact The Law Office of Raji S. Zeidan, PC, for a consultation.
Gun Crime Penalties
Gun crimes cover a wide range of criminal activities. Most gun charges are misdemeanors or felonies with a range of consequences, including jail time and a permanent record that can impact one’s livelihood and more. Below are just some of the many offenses that equate to a misdemeanor or felony.
Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of specific ammunition feeding devices
Class A Misdemeanor
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Criminal purchase or disposal of a weapon
- Unreported gunshot wounds
- Unsafe storage of rifles, shotguns and firearms
- Illegal possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device
Class E Felony
- Illegal possession of a weapon on school grounds
- Illegal firearm possession
Class D Felony
- Third-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Third-degree criminal sale of a firearm
Class C Felony
- Second-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Second-degree criminal use of a firearm
- Second-degree criminal sale of a firearm
- Criminal sale of a firearm with the assistance of a minor
- Criminal sale of a firearm to a minor
- Aggravated criminal possession of a weapon
Class B Felony
- First-degree criminal possession of a dangerous weapon
- First-degree criminal use of a firearm
- First-degree criminal sale of a firearm
Escalating Criminal Charges
Possessing a gun in the commission of another crime can be an even more serious matter. If you have a gun or weapon during an assault, you could face a charge of aggravated assault. If you committed the crime of larceny with a weapon, it could be upgraded to a robbery charge. If you are charged with either of these crimes, your future would depend on the legal services of an effective attorney.
Contact Our Firm
If you are charged with a gun crime, it is imperative that you contact an attorney. Attorney Raji S. Zeidan has over a decade of experience successfully fighting criminal charges for clients in Ulster County, Dutchess County and New York state. He can assess your case, including the arrest and circumstances behind the stop to develop a comprehensive defense. He will explore every legal means to free you of these serious matters. If you need quality legal support, contact The Law Office of Raji S. Zeidan, PC, for a consultation to discuss your legal situation. Call 845-233-6704 or fill out our online contact form.